Archives: May 2009
- Let's kick off this week's roundup with a little Jesus. Jesus Luz that is. The Post helps unravel the mystery that is the "spiritual connection" between Madonna and her "Jesus Light." [NY Post]
- John Lahr brings some personal insight to his review of “Waiting for Godot” in The New Yorker this week. Back on Broadway for a limited engagement, the revival stars Nathan Lane, Bill Irwin, John Goodman and John Glover in Samuel Beckett's cryptic and comical play. [The New Yorker]
- First Lady Michelle Obama is confirmed to be among the guests at the American Ballet Theater’s 69th Annual Spring Gala tonight at the Metropolitan Opera. The First Lady and President Obama are both Honorary Chairs for the black tie dinner dance, along with Carolina Hererra, Caroline Kennedy, & Blaine Trump.
- Cynthia Nixon did more than lend her star power to the Love, Peace and Marriage Equality rally in New York City on Sunday. The 'Sex and the City' star used the gathering at 6th and 45th to announce her engagement to long-time girlfriend, Christine Marinoni. Hopefully the media buzz that's bound to follow Cynthia's announcement will shine some light on the group's efforts to get the New York State Marriage Equality Bill approved by the state Senate. Our congrats to the happy couple. [Access Hollywood]
- And last, but by no means least, we leave you with a tale of flip-flops and fate. Thanks to 'Princess' Carrie Seim and one bumpy ride down the L.I.E., Hampton-bound single girls now have a renewed hope of finding love on the Jitney. [NY Post]
Until next time...may you each find your own perfect pothole!